Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Nausea, vomiting

We recently changed our way of eating...
Splenda was like a kick in the stomach...
I felt so terrible I was not even able to go to work...
I'm still in awe of my experience...
I had one encounter with the use of Splenda...
I have only used Splenda a few times...
I am not happy with the results...
They should put this warning on the box!!
I awoke with a killer headache...
I have had the most miserable time...
It was made from sugar, so I thought...
It took me three times to figure it out...
These symptoms disrupt my everyday life...
What is really happening to people who are using large amounts?
I felt so bad I thought I would vomit...
Unbelievable how awful the experience was...
Severe headaches, abdominal pain, gas, nausea...
Chronic, daily, severe, migraine headaches...
It was pass gas or explode!
I had 3 fudgsicles that contained Splenda...
I went into cardiac arrythmia immediately after...
I had no idea why I was feeling so bad...
I saw an advertisement for Pop Secret microwave kettle corn...
I ingested Dreyers sugarfree ice cream...
I have experienced intestinal distress...
Splenda made me so thirsty...
I began to feel bloated, dizzy, tired, and had a headache...
I started getting diarrhea...
What I can only call "disco lights" in my line of vision...
I had Splenda in Mixed Berry 7-Up...
It is just awful...
Nausea, cramps, and diarrhea...
Hours afterward, I began having a headache, serious gas...
My teenage son ate 15 packs of Splenda...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Splenda first came out I really wasn't paying much attention, as I don't struggle with my weight. I had a girl working for me who would go get me coffee every day and she didn't speak a lot of English. She was still getting the coffee from the same place, but I began to taste something odd, and each day I'd drink half of the cup and then feel too sick to finish it. I thought maybe the cafe had changed its coffee, but I had never had this kind of a reaction before and I've had some pretty bad coffee! One day, she brought me some extra packets of sugar just in case, and it was Splenda!! I explained that I needed real sugar, and ever since I have not had a problem. Yesterday I picked up a Frappacino at the store, not realizing it was the "Lite" version. I downed it and about half an hour later began to feel very nausiated. I had an inkling because of the exact way I felt that I had eaten Splenda. I checked the bottle and there it was, tucked in the corner of the label, "Sweetened with Splenda" I still feel sick almost 24 hours later. It is the kind of sick where you constantly feel the need to throw up, but are unable to. I'm also lightheaded and my whole body feels weak. I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone in this, and that I can confirm that it is Splenda that causes this reaction.

btru2me1974 said...

I HAVE TRIED TO SWITCH TO SPLENDA 4 TIMES AND EACH TIME I HAVE SUFFERED THE SAME SYMPTOMS: NAUSEA AND DIZZNESS. THESE SYMPTOMS DO NOT START RIGHT AWAY BUT SEEM TO BUILD OVER A FEW WEEKS.

Anonymous said...

I used a nice-sized tablespoon of Splenda everday in my coffee for almost 2 years. Suddenly, I was attacked by a stomach-virus feeling (sweat, heart-racing, nauseous beyond the point of explanation, eyes watering, feeling faint, "lost my hearing" for a few seconds) and immediately rushed to the bathroom to vomit. However, nothing ever came about. I relived this same episode EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE for an entire year. Needless to say, my quality of life was deteriorating. I had seen a million specialists, and had taken a million pills, took a million tests and all my Gastroenterologist could tell me was that I had IBS. Well that wasn't good enough- I know that this was something more. Toward the end of this year long stint, my dad told me to check out Splenda under Scrutiny (an online blog) and to maybe STOP using it for a while to see if there was a difference. BOY WAS THERE. I have not used Splenda in over a year and have not felt sick NOT ONE TIME. Let me repeat that-- since I stopped using Splenda, I have NOT BEEN SICK- NOT ONCE. I am saddened by the fact that it is still on the shelves, and still see it in the little sugar holders at restaurants. (Personally I want to set them on fire!!!) From my understanding, there has not been a significant amount of research done to show the consumer that this is a safe product. Sure, some people love it and have NO problems... but for the rest of us, Splenda has (had) ruined my life for a long time.

Kelly Anne said...

when I first tried splenda, I thought it was okay but never did I know that. I felt super unwell the next day. I was throwing up and having server abdominal pain. It was so bad that I could not even go to work. I kept on throwing up and my stomach was churning. It felt like all my intestines were twisted. I had to keep on rushing to the toilet as I felt nauseated. I finally could not take it anymore and passed out on the toilet. Than goodness my bf found me and took good care of me, but it felt like hell and I was unable to work for a week.

And now, I'm sick again because of splenda. I wanted to spur my friend who was attempting to lose weight, so I used splenda again. This time, the symtoms showed just a few hours after I consumed them. I felt light headed and again, I started throwing up,it was so bad that I threw up 7 times in an hour and was turning pale. Immediately, I was given leave as I was just lying on the couch and did not even had the energy to move. I was carried to the clinic as I passed out shortly after . And accompanying all the throwing up was a very bad headache, acute abdminal pain, and dizzy spells. I'm currently on leave as I still throw up quite occasionally. However, since the first time I tried splenda, I have been getting abdominal pains

Never try splenda
You will regret